Thursday, December 27, 2012

Laundry Shelf



I am all about organization!!!  I also hate it when things fall behind the washer or dryer...because then I have to pull them away from the wall.  Which means I will end up vacuuming and mopping behind them...  Now, it is a good idea to clean behind the washer and dryer, but I try to plan these things for a day when I am off work, or do not have ten places to be!  :)  So, I saw on Pinterest the idea to put a shelf over the back of the washer and dryer.  I loved it!!  Now, I'm sure you will notice that my washer and dryer do not match...but, they came with the house, and I will not complain about appliances I did not have to buy!  So, I asked my sweet Mountain Man husband to dig through his extra wood, and we found a board that would work.  So, I found some stain that was close to my cabinets and I stained it - so easy!! Then, we pulled out the washer and dryer (and I swept and mopped) and we hung the shelf!!  It is definitely one of my favorite additions to our laundry 'hall'!  It took a total of about 3 days - I was only able to work on this after work.  Day one I did one coat of stain, Day 2 I did a second coat of stain, and Day 3 we hung the shelf!!  It is wonderful!  )We did make a small cut out so that we could still get to the outlet just behind the washer!)

 
Have you made any additions to your laundry room?  What would you change if you could?

No comments:

Post a Comment