Saturday, December 29, 2012

Taco Seasoning - Home made!

 
I am all about making things myself, as opposed to buying them.  They are usually better than what you can buy in the store, and also much cheaper!  It is my goal to spend as little money as possible - We are working very hard to have everything paid off and to get ahead on the house - it doesn't happen overnight, but I figure every penny helps!!
 
 
This week I made my own taco seasoning - I used a recipe from Pinterest (Taco Seasoning).  However, as I usually do, I adapted it a little.  I also quadrupled the recipe!
 
The recipe, as I made it, is as follows:
 
4 Tb Chili Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder (plus a little extra shake or two - I like garlic)
1 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
2 tsp Paprika
6 tsp Ground Cumin
4 tsp Salt
4 tsp Black Pepper
 
 
I placed all ingredients directly into my jar that I would be storing the mix in.  I also used an old lid from a Parmesan Cheese jar - also a tip from Pinterest!!!  After all the ingredients are in the jar, screw on the lid, and shake shake shake!! :)   
 
As I made tacos I just season to taste.... 
  

So far, it seams to be a big hit!! - Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment