Thursday, September 4, 2014

Easy Iced Coffee!!




Ever since college I have been a coffee drinker.  Probably more so when I am teaching.  However, I prefer decaf.  I also drink it for several reasons.  One reason is that it keeps me from snacking.  Another reason is that it is relaxing to drink a nice warm cup of coffee while sitting on the couch after everyone else is in bed!   It also is the perfect drink to accompany anything sweet, such as ice cream!

I have been wanting to perfect my iced coffee drink since college.  I do my best to pinch every penny possible...so I don't keep the air on 68 (much to my husbands dismay) in the summer.  Therefore, drinking hot coffee is not always what I want in the heat of summer...I still want the taste though!  So, after trying many different ideas and recipes I have finally made a simple,delicious, and easy iced coffee!!

You will need:

Coffee Pot
1 pkg sample coffee (like at Wal-Mart, those little bitty bags)
Ice trays
Milk
Sweetener (I used one pkg truvia per cup)
Chocolate/Caramel if desired
Flavored Creamer if desired (I love the Chocolate Caramel from International Delight)

I made a 12 cup pot of coffee using a whole small pkg of coffee.  I chose to use a flavored coffee for this.  Then I poured this into the ice cub trays and placed them in the freezer overnight. (I got over 4 dozen ice cubes).  The next day I dumped all the cubes out of the trays and into a freezer bag for storage.

To make each drink you simply make a cup of coffee as you usually would.  Add about 1/2 c milk (I use skim), 1 pkg sweetener (truvia),  4 to 6 coffee cubes, and flavor with chocolate/caramel if desired!  
Enjoy!!

**Also if you like that cup - check out some more Tervis Tumblers!! They are my favorite cups to use! they are microwave and dishwasher safe, keep hot drinks hot, cold drinks cold and don't sweat!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment