Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pepper Steak and Shrimp...

So, one of my wonderful students brought me a bag full of fresh vegetables out of their family garden!  YUM!! One of the items they had were jalapeno peppers.  I was always a picky eater (and still am a little picky) so I had never used peppers before.  But, my husband loves them!  So, I picked up a couple bell peppers at the grocery (red, yellow, and orange) and decided to try my hand at making steak and shrimp with peppers.  It turned out quite delicious!  Enough so that my sweet husband requested this dinner get in the rotation! :)  So, I thought I would share!

I used deer steak (we mostly ear deer meat, especially if Stephen has had a good year of hunting), frozen shrimp, 1/2 each of a red, yellow and orange bell pepper, and a handful of jalapeno peppers.  As well as various seasonings (garlic, onion, Montreal steak).

I forgot to thaw out my steak ahead of time, so I placed them in the skillet with a little oil.  As they thawed I sprinkled a little Adolph's Meat Tenderizer on them. While they were cooking I started cutting up the peppers.  I cut the bell peppers into big strips (mainly because I thought they looked nicer that way).  I cut the jalapenos into small pieces.  I seeded both before adding them to the skillet with the steaks.  Then, I just kept and eye on them, turning the steaks occasionally and adding a tad of EVOO when needed...  As they were cooking they looked delicious!

 
When the steaks were almost done through (I usually cook my deer steaks well done...) I added a couple handfuls of shrimp.  Then, when the steaks were cooked through, I pulled them out of the skillet and left the shrimp and peppers to cook a few minutes longer.

 
After the shrimp were cooked I poured the peppers and shrimp over the steaks to serve them.  I served this meal with a baked potato and green beans...It was delicious!!
 
I think the next time I make this, I will used the whole bell pepper (of yellow, red and orange) and double the steaks...the leftovers would be SO delicious in a quesadilla!!  All that you would need to do would be to slice the steak into thin strips! 
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment