Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pinterest Project of the Day - Day 1

I have pinned so many amazing and interesting things on Pinterest, but have not followed through on doing many of them.  Therefore, I am going to try to go through and do as many as possible!!  I thought it would be fun to post about how each project went as I did them.  Today, I made my first diaper cake.  I have seen many diaper cakes as various showers and such, but I have not ever made one.  I wanted mine to be a little different.   I had noticed at showers there was always a cake and a diaper cake.  So, I thought I would try to combine the two.  (I also thought it might be a cute marketing idea for Simply Sweet ~ by Cori www.simplysweetbycori.blogspot.com)  I checked out pinterest for some diaper cake ideas and there were so many cute ones!  Since this was my first I didn't do anything to terribly elaborate.  I simply made a large round cake and then made two layers of diapers for the topper.  I did not plan ahead very well and had to ask my husband to help me.  I really needed more rubber bands than I had on hand.  I needed to rubber band the center, then wrap the diapers around it and rubber band that...but my husband had to hold diapers in place until I could rubber band them! The cake turned out very well!  Hopefully now that I have the basics down I can make one a little more fun/fancy next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment