Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pinterest Project of the Day - Day 11

I was rather disappointed with my project today.  Thankfully, I had a great day otherwise!!  As I am typing this I have my niece and nephew in the floor playing at my house, because they are having a 'sleepover' with Uncle Steve, Aunt Cori, and Cooper.  However, my project could have proved quite fun, but it just didn't work like I had hoped.  Today's project was to make bathtub crayons.  This is the second time I have tried to do this.  Finding the items to make it with were quite simple...they were at Hobby Lobby and after using a 40% coupon it was also rather inexpensive!  The first time I used basic food coloring (what I keep on hand for my cake decorating, paste and gel color).  The crayons turned out, but would not write on the shower wall...which was what I was wanting them to do.  So, I did a little looking and found some liquid color that said it was very concentrated...so today I tried that...they still don't write on the shower wall.  They do make colors in the water, but I wanted to be able to leave cute/sweet notes on the shower wall...which Stephen may or may not have noticed! :)  Below are the items I used to make the soap, and the finished product.


I melted one glycerin cube in the microwave (1 minute), then added food color, poured into the molds, and let it harden.




The crayons turned out beautifully, and were so simple to make, I love them, but they don't do exactly what I wanted them to... So, if anyone has any suggestions on how to make these not only fun for kids, but also fun for me - so I can write on the shower wall - let me know!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment