Friday, August 3, 2012

Pinterest Project of the Day - Day 18

Awhile back I saw a crockpot dinner idea on another blog and I decided to try it.  It was a success!  Stephen even said I needed to put that recipe on the 'reuse' list!  :) However, the blog where I found it was not very detailed, so I decided to post my more detailed version...

You will need:
1 can Cream of Chick Soup
1 pkg Onion Soup Mix
Garlic
Pork
Potatoes
Corn on the Cob



The first thing I did was to spray the crock pot!! I have been meaning to pick up some of those disposable crockpot bags, but keep forgetting...

Second, I seared the pork



While the pork is being seared I mixed the onion soup and water, then added the cream of mushroom...just add enough to water to make it the consistency of a thick gravy... I used somewhere between 1 and 2 cups of water (I forgot to measure exactly!).



Then, layer the pork into the bottom of the crock pot...


and pour the gravy mixture over the top. 

The next thing I did was to wash four potatoes, poke them with a knife and wrap them in foil.  Layer them on top of the gravy/pork (they will get a little messy!).

After that I wrapped four small ears of corn with a small square of butter for each ear and layer them on top of the potatoes.


Place the lid on top, turn the crock-pot to Low and walk away!!!

Let me know if you have a different variation...I love crock pot ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment