Friday, October 12, 2012

Home Made Body Wash...

There are many recipes for home made body wash. Some claim to be good for eczema, moisturizing, cheap, etc...   I took one of the recipes that I found and, as I often do, I modified it! :)  I am pretty sure that if I made it again, I will still make at least one change...

You will need:

1 bar of soap
several containers
Glycerin (can be found at places like Hobby Lobby)
1/2 gallon water
scent/color if desired
large pot

 
Start by putting your water in the pot and turning the burner to medium heat.

 
I chose to use Ivory soap because that was what I had on hand.  I think that next time I will try Dove or a more moisturizing soap.  The Ivory turned out fine, but I would be interested in seeing what the difference is.  You need to grate your soap so that it will melt into the water more easily.  I cut the soap into small pieces first.
 

When making my home made laundry detergent I learned that it was easiest to use my Pampered Chef handheld grater (like the ones at Olive Garden)
 
 
After the soap is grated into the pot, stir until all the soap is melted.  Then add 2 Tbs Glycerin (next time I would use only 1 Tbs I believe - it made this batch a little gooey...not as smooth as I would have liked) and any scent or color you would like to use.

 
Pour/ladle the soap mixture into your containers and let cool.

 
After the soap has cooled the color will darken.  It will seem as if it is a solid, just shake the container and it will loosen up.  I used mine this morning and it worked just fine! 
 
Let me know of you have any variations, or if you try it!  I would love to hear how it worked for you!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment