Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pinterest Project of the Day - Day 3

Hi, my name is Cori, and I am addicted to dessert... 

My Grandfather is talked about for asking what was for dessert as soon as the prayer for the meal was over!  I think I am much like him in that way.  I am always ready for dessert.  As a child, I would tell my mother that I was full of regular food, but that I had a separate space for dessert!  Being in and out of town or visiting with family during the summer means that I don't do as much cooking.  The only desserts I have made in the past few weeks have been to take places.  Tonight after dinner, I wanted some dessert, but I did not want to make a big dessert.  I recalled seeing the Mug Cake on Pinterest.  So, as usual, I compared a few different recipes that I found, and modified them to make my own version.  It was delicious!  This project was definitely a success.  I may still tweak the recipe some...next time I plan to try using one egg in two mug cakes (I made two tonight,because if you make dessert, you should have enough to share with your loving husband!).  I will let you know how it goes in the future.  Below is the recipe I compiled and modified to make my own.  If you have any recommendations, please comment! I would love to hear your feedback!



Mug Cake

4 T All Purpose Flour
4 T Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg
1 T Coco Powder
1 1/2 T Hershey's Syrup
1 T Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla
3 1/2 T oil
Chocolate Chips

Mix all ingredients in large coffee mug.  Cook in microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.  Let cool - just enough that it won't burn you.  ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! May have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, it is even better if you have a scoop of ice cream on top, or a glass of milk!!
      Enjoy!

      Delete