Friday, July 20, 2012

Pinterest Project of the Day - Day 8

Today I decided to try to make the 'One Hour Scarf' that I pinned awhile back.  It takes four strands of yarn and a 10mm crochet hook.   I'm not exactly sure if I used the right size crochet hook because my biggest one does not have a size printed on it, but it worked great!  I used four fall-like colors this time, to try the pattern out, but next time I am thinking of using two colors, two strands of each color. I really liked how this turned out.  I do have to admit it took me two days to complete my 'One Hour Scarf' - crazy right?  But, I started it, and worked off and on amidst laundry and housework. Then, left for dinner, planning to come home and finish, but got caught in the storm and didn't make it home until after 11:00, so I finished when I got up this morning.  I do think if I were to sit down and work continuously that I could complete this scarf in an hour or an hour and a half at the most!  I also did not modify this pattern at all!  The pattern can be found at: http://laughingpurplegoldfish.blogspot.com/2008/03/one-hour-scarf.html.  If you try it, let me know how it goes!!

This is my finished scarf and the crochet hood I used.  I got this crochet hook at Wal-Mart for a very decent price!

No comments:

Post a Comment