Friday, July 20, 2012

Pinterest Project of the Day - Day 9

I found a spiral/circular crochet potholder on Pinterest a few months ago.  So, when I decided to make one to go under a centerpiece on my table, I was very disappointed to find it did not lead to a pattern.  Although, there was no pattern, I was able to look at the pictures and make my own patter.  I did not make my pattern exactly like the pictures showed, but I made it my way! :)  Below I have listed pictures and my pattern.  The one I found was made with cotton yarn, which would be great!  But, for what I needed, purely decorative, I chose to use regular Red Heart yarn.  I also used crochet hook H.


I started by making a 'Magic Ring' (you can find directions on the internet).  I then did one single crochet (sc), and three half double crochet (hdc) in each color. 

 Round 2:
in first hdc - hdc
 in next hdc - 2 hdc
in next hdc - hdc, double crochet (dc)
in next hdc - 2 dc
(in each color)



 Round 3:
*2 dc, dc* in each stitch across (12 total stitches made)
in each color


Round 4:
*2dc, dc, dc*, across (16 stitches)
in each color

Round 5:
*2dc, dc, dc, dc, dc* across (18 stitches)
in each color


Round 6:
*2dc, dc, dc, dc, dc, dc, dc, dc, dc* across (20 stitches)
in each color


Round 7:
dc, hdc, in first stitch, hdc in next 10 stitches
hdc, sc in next stitch, sc in next 10 stitches
in each color

Round 8:
Use color of choice and single crochet around the remaining edges until your color meets itself, crochet small hook (if desired) and tie off.



I am obviously not a pattern writer, so if this is confusing please feel free to comment with any questions!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment