Monday, August 20, 2012

Breakfast on the Run...

I am absolutely not a morning person and therefore am not a big fan of breakfast (unless it is for dinner!).  However, my husband works nights and gets off work at breakfast time!  He doesn't usually want a big meal when he gets home from work (and I am usually on my way out the door, or already on my way to work by this time) so, in the interest of saving money and being healthy, I made my own freezer breakfast meals for him!  Honestly, my Mom and Dad have made these for quite sometime, but they don't usually make them in bulk and freeze them. 

You will need:


  • English Muffins
  • Eggs
  • Sliced Cheese
  • Canadian Bacon
  • Storage Bags
  • (I bought enough of everything to make a dozen at a time)

Get a small bowl (the bottom of the bowl should be about the size of the muffin) and break one egg into the bowl.  Season as you prefer and microwave for 1 minute.  You can also cook the egg on the stove if you would rather.


While the egg is cooking open a muffin, add one slice of cheese and one slice of canadian bacon.



Remove the egg from the microwave and use a fork/spoon to release the egg from the bowl.



Add egg to sandwich and there you go!!  Better than McDonald's could ever dream of! Healthier too!!  Then, if  you choose to freeze them, simply place one in a bag and place it in the freezer. When you reheat it it usually takes about a minute or a minute and half!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment