Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Bathroom Remodel...

Normally when you remodel a room in your house, it is because you have saved your pennies and are ready to change how that room looks.  Well, I have been ready to do a few small things to change my bathroom, but had not save enough pennies yet.  I also didn't really plan for the Master Bathroom to be the first room to get a fresh coat of paint and such.  However, that is what is about to happen!!

I was putting my makeup on the other morning and stepped closer to the mirror and the floor was 'squishy'.  Of course, Stephen was at work, but later that evening when he stepped on it, you could hear the boards squeaking.  We decided this was definitely a bad sign and called our insurance agent the next day.  They gave us another number to call, they said they would have someone call us back in a couple days (meanwhile I'm hoping my bathroom lasts that long!).  While waiting, I do not like standing on the 'squishy' floor, so thankfully we have a second (smaller) bathroom, which all of my 'get ready' things have been moved to.

So, a couple WEEKS later after an insurance adjuster and a contractor have looked at our bathroom and conversed about the details we learn that we have a leak in the wall behind the vanity (which backs up the Master Bedroom closet) and they will have to tear our the vanity, toilet and part of the wall and sub flooring.  However, insurance will cover the majority of the work (for which I am very grateful).  I will have to remove everything from the bathroom and Master closet...YIKES!  Due to the dust from the the drywall and the fact that Stephen sleeps during the day, we will also have to move ourselves to the guest room and cover the bed and furniture in the Master bedroom to protect it from the dust!

I decided, since the bathroom was going to be taken completely apart, I might as well do a few projects I have seen on pinterest, as well as paint the bathroom!  Right now it is has lavender walls and a floral border (that is peeling off) from the previous owner. I am also thinking about painting/staining the vanity and painting the cabinet pulls to match the towel bar and shelf we got at Wal-Mart (all ideas from Pinterest!  We will also be getting new vinyl flooring!

I will go ahead and post the 'before' pictures....don't really know how long it will take the contractors to fit us into their schedule, and then how long it will take for them to pull everything out and let the leak dry out, and then replace it all.  So, as things progress I will post more 'in progress' pictures!





Please excuse any dirt you may see...I didn't really see the need to clean and mop since the floor is about to be torn up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment