Monday, September 3, 2012

Money Saving Lunches!

So, while I do not have children (yet), I do spend my days at work surrounded by them!  I also pack a lunch most days.  I am all about convenience when packing my lunch, but I am also all about doing things myself if it will save me money.  So, I decided to make my own pudding cups, and make them fun! :)  All you need is a family size box of pudding (I used store brand - it was great!), milk, and those cute little bitty Glad bowls.  Mix your pudding, pour in the bowls (I got seven bowls from the family size box, and embellish as you choose.  The thing is, this took less than 5 minutes, even with the embellishments!  I spend less than $1 on the box of pudding, had the milk and sprinkles on hand, and now I had a pudding cup for each day of the week (all in re-usable, dishwasher safe containers).  If I bought pudding cups, I would only get six...and I would pay more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment