Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Newsprint Manicure...

So, last night I decided to try giving myself a manicure!  I have never been an excellent nail painter...especially when I have to use my left hand to paint my right! :)  However, I wanted to try the newsprint on fingernails idea.  I did not have an off white color as they show in the Pinterest picture.  So, I chose a shade of hot pink....I figured the black newsprint would still stand out against such a bright color.  I first tried applying the rubbing alcohol with a cotton ball...but that did not work.  So, I poured some rubbing alcohol in a small bowl and soaked each nail one at a time for about 5 seconds.  Immediately after taking my nail out of the alcohol I pressed a small piece of newspaper against it.  I did learn that if you press to hard  it will dent your existing nail polish! :)  However, it worked!!  I now have typing on my fingernails!  I want to get an off while polish and try the road map next!!


The picture isn't that great, but you can at least tell that the newsprint did show up! It does look better and more clear in person! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment