Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pumpkin Brownies...

This weekend I was blessed to spend time with second family (my husband's family)!  We always have a great time when we are able to get together!!  While we were together I decided to try one of my old Weight Watchers recipes on the fam.  You will need:



A regular size can of pumpkin
A chocolate Cake Mix (The Dark Chocolate is best)
Cocoa powder (optional)
**After making this and sampling it...I would recommend a Duncan Hines Double Chocolate Cake Mix, or adding cocoa....the pilsbury traditional did not completely cover the taste of pumpkin, and didn't bake as well**

Preheat the oven to 325 F.


Mix together the can of pumpkin and the cake mix (as well as the cocoa powder if you choose to use some).  **I'm sure some chocolate chips would be wonderful in the mix, but I do not know what that would do to the Weight Watcher's Points.... **



Spray a 9x11 baking pan and spread the batter evenly in the pan.  



Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until baked through.  You can top with Fat Free Cool Whip if you like!  

The fun of these brownies is that you cannot taste the pumpkin!  If you do not have a dark chocolate cake mix you will probably want to add a little cocoa powder just to be sure though!  If you cut the pan of brownies into 16 pieces each piece will be only 1 Weight Watcher's Point (on the old system...I'm not sure about the new...).  Of course, I usually cut my pan into smaller pieces, so less than 1 point for a brownie!!!  =)

The nieces and nephew seemed to like them today and the students in my classes for the past few years have liked them as well....until they found out pumpkin was in them!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment