Monday, September 24, 2012

S'mores...

So, I don't know about you, but I love S'mores....they always make me think of Girl Scout camp.  A bunch of us girls and a few of our moms (including my wonderful Mom) went on a camping trip.  We had a little cabin with a kitchen and a lot of sleeping bags!  Our cabin was right beside a little creek and there was a fire pit behind the cabin.  One evening we made S'mores and they were wonderful!  There are so many other times I have made S'mores also, but this memory was always a fond one! 

While S'mores are delicious, they are not always easy to fix...I hate to fire up the grill for one S'more!  :)  My mother use to make a S'more's snack mix with Golden Grahams, Marshmallows, and Chocolate Chips...but recently I ran across a recipe for a Rice Krispie treat type S'more!  So, I tried it!! 

DELICIOUS!
 
 
I couldn't resist sampling the warm gooey goodness as I was making these!!
 
 
You need:
5 Tb butter
1 bag mini marshmallows
1 (12 oz) box of Golden Grahams
1 bag chocolate chips (chilled in freezer)
splash of vanilla (optional)
13x9 cake pan (sprayed with cooking spray)
 
Melt the butter in a saucepan.  Add marshmallows.  When they are almost melted you can add the vanilla if you would like to.  Then add the Golden Grahams and Chocolate Chips.  Pour into a pan to set up, cut and enjoy!
 
I probably would use a larger pan than I used this time....they were a little thick for my personal preferences.  However, they were wonderful!!
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment