Sunday, September 23, 2012

Taco Soup...

Today I made the first soup of the season...and it was wonderful!!!  Tonight was a perfect night for a bowl of soup!  We had a great morning at church, then came home relaxed, put soup on the stove, and then this evening we sat down to eat that soup and watch some football!!

This is a recipe that I use Deer meat for, but it can be made with hamburger or ground turkey, or without meat!  I must give recipe credit to my Mother-in-law.  She gave this to me after I found out it was one of my husband's favorites.  I have also heard of people adding cabbage, but...I don't.  It can be made within 30 minutes and lasts my family (myself and my amazing husband) about a week - one night of dinner and then lunches a couple/few days each.



Taco Soup:
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
2 cans whole kernel corn
1large can crushed tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning **I use homemade Taco Seasoning
1 package ranch seasoning
1 lb ground meat (browned)

Combine all ingredients (don't drain the beans, just open the can and dump) in pot and heat through!  Serve with corn chips and shredded cheese!  Although it can be made quickly, if I have time, I like to put it on low heat and let it cook slowly through the evening....makes the house smell delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment