Friday, July 13, 2012

Pinterest Project of the Day - Day 5

I decided to do one of the crochet projects today.  On Tuesday my Mom and I went to Cross Plains to have lunch at Thomas Drugs, a pharmacy and soda shop. While we were there we checked out a couple of the local shops.  I spoke with one of the shop owners about selling some items on consignment and we discussed my hand crocheted dish rags and scarves.  So, I have been looking at different types of scarves that are comfortable, cozy, not overly difficult to make, and attractive.  I got the basic idea for today's scarf from a pin on Pinterest (http://brookeanndove.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html).  However, it called for a thick yarn, which I don't keep on hand.  However, the next time it is on sale at Hobby Lobby (or I have a 40% coupon) I plan to get a skein of the thick yarn to try it out also!  So, of course, I modified the pattern given on the website to make the scarf work with the yarn that I did have on hand.  I do not own, and I have never made one of the infinity scarves...so, that is what I made today! 

(please excuse the shirt that does not match the scarf...)


My modified version:

Red Heart yarn (I only used less than half a skein to make this)
Crochet Hook I/9 - 5.5mm
     * Chain 150
     * Connect to beginning chain with a slip stitch, chain two (this will count as your first double crochet - on this row and each row throughout)
     * Double crochet in each chain, connect to ch 2 with a slip stitch.
     * Repeat double crochet until scarf is desired width.
         (this picture is with 7 rows of Double Crochet....I plan to go back and add at least one row)

Good Luck! Let me know how your projects turn out!! :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment